Christmas Cookie Exchange Raffle

Options
Babs_Admin
Babs_Admin ADMIN
edited December 2023 in Cooking with Babs!

Welcome to the Forum’s Christmas Cookie Recipe Exchange Raffle

One lucky winner in our random raffle will win $100 cash on Dec 24th at 6pm EST.

Have a deposit on file in Dec before posting a picture of the Christmas cookie of your choice add the full recipe to get your entry.

You can post up to 5 recipes and get 1 entry per recipe.

CONGRATS TO BOBBI4FR OUR XMAS COOKIE EXCHANGE RAFFLE WINNER OF $100 CASH

Comments

• Bobbi4fr
    Options

Unfortunately I don't have a photo of my cookies, but I'm sure you could find one. This is traditional butter Spritz cookie press dough but with my own Added Touch

• Bobbi4fr
    Options

Cream cheese thumbprint cookies

8 0z. Cream cheese. 3/4 cup softened butter. 1 tsp vanilla 1 cup powdered sugar. 2 1/4 cups flour. 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 cup chopped pecans

Mixed together sugar butter and cream cheese and vanilla. Slowly fold in the nuts

Chill for 30 minutes. Then shape into one inch balls. On an ungreased cookie sheet, use

your thumb to press down to make an indentation. Fill with your favorite Preserve and bake at 350° for 14 to 16 minutes

• Babs_Admin
    Options

Hi Bobbi4fr

Thanks for the recipes they look and sound yum i have added your 2 entries to the file.

• Bobbi4fr
    Options

Walnut balls

Again I have no picture, but these are melt in your mouth shortbread type cookie

Two cups of flour, one cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar, half teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, 2 and 1/2 cups walnuts and some 10x sugar

Makes all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Then shape into half inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.

While cookies are still warm roll in 10x sugar and cool completely. Then roll in 10x sugar a second time

• Babs_Admin
    Options

Hi Bobbi4fr

Thanks for the recipes they look and sound yum i have added your 3 entries to the file.

• Bobbi4fr
    Options

Oatmeal and cinnamon apple cookies

You will need: 3 apples, cored peeled and sliced. Two Tbs fine granulated sugar

• Bobbi4fr
    Options

Don't know what happened to the rest of the instructions on the oatmeal apple cinnamon, but here is the rest three apples peeled and sliced, two tablespoons fine sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, one cup soft butter, one cup brown sugar half a cup regular granulated sugar, two eggs, one teaspoon vanilla, 101 quarter cups flour, one teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 3 cups oatmeal

Place apples and the white fine sugar and cinnamon in a pot cook over medium heat till apples get soft and it starts to thicken. cream together butter with regular sugar and brown sugar add the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat. sift the dry ingredients together and add to the batter. Fold i oatmeal and apple mixture. Place spoonsful onto lightly greased cookie sheet. bake and cool 350°, 10 to 12 minutes on

• Babs_Admin
    Options

Those look so good and i am a big apple person so i will definately be trying these your 4 entry is added Bobbi4fr

• traci1961
    traci1961 LEVEL 1
    edited December 2023
    Options
    • MOLASSES COOKIES
    • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
    • 1 teaspoon ground ginger 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    • 1 teaspoon salt 4 teaspoons baking soda
    • Approx 1 to 2 cups of Turbinado
    • 2 cups sugar
    • 11/2 cups vegetable oil
    • 1/2 cup molasses
    • 2 eggs
    • 4 cups regular flour
    • Preheat the oven to 350-f degrees.
    • In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
    • In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, sugar, molasses, and eggs.
    • Stir in the flour mixture and mix well.
    • Shape dough into balls, or using a 1.5 Tbsp. cookie scoop, scoop out balls of dough. Roll in Turbinado.
    • Bake on parchment-lined pans for 10 minutes, taking care not to overbake. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to the counter.

• kbpfeiffer
    Options

I don’t have any cookie recipes specifically for Christmas. So it looks like I’ve got something to try and bake this week! These recipes all sound incredible

• Babs_Admin
    Options

Hi traci1961

Oh those sound so good thanks for sharing and your entry is on the file remember you can post up to 5 recipes for 5 entries.

• Diamondvillage
    Diamondvillage LEVEL 10
    edited December 2023
    Options

Raspberry Macadamia Delights is what I call my recipe..

Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened --- 3/4 cup granulated sugar----3/4 cup packed brown sugar--

2 large eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. (2)--1/4 cups all-purpose flour- 1teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt 1cup macadamia nuts, chopped 1cup white chocolate chips 1cup fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), line baking sheets.

Cream butter, sugars, add eggs, vanilla.Whisk flour, baking soda, salt; add to wet mix.Fold in macadamia nuts, white chocolate chips, and raspberries.Drop tablespoons onto sheets, bake 9-11 mins.Cool on sheets briefly, then transfer to racks.

Enjoy!

• Babs_Admin
    Options

Hi Diamondvillage.

Oh those look amazing my daughter was checking it out while i was typing this. Your entry has been added,

• Diamondvillage
    Options

Raspberry Thumbprint cookies

Ingredients

• 2 cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
    • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
    • 1/2 tsp almond extract

Glaze (optional)

Instructions

• For the cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F In a mixing bowl whisk together flour and salt, set aside.
    • In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together butter and sugar until combined (it will take a minute or two since the butter is cold).
    • Mix in almond extract then add in flour blend until mixture comes together (it will take a bit of mixing since the butter is cold, so be patient, it will seem really dry and crumbly at first).

• Shape dough into 1-inch balls, about 1 Tbsp each, and place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. 
    • Make a small indentation with thumb or forefinger in each cookie (large enough to fit 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of jam). Fill each with 1/4 - 1/2 tsp jam. 
    • Chill in refrigerator 20 minutes (or freezer for 10 minutes). Bake in preheated oven 14 - 18 minutes.
    • Cool several minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
    • For the glaze: Whisk all glaze ingredients together in a small mixing bowl, adding enough water to reach desired consistency. 
    • Pour or spoon mixture into a sandwich size resealable bag, cut a small tip from one corner and drizzle over cool cookies. Let set at room temperature then store in an airtight container.

• Diamondvillage
    Options

Lol there's the finished cookies!

• kbpfeiffer
    Options

I dont have a cookie recipe (I've never made cookies for christmas before, we are a bit of a savoury household!). But I have another recipe to share (they're lovely party platter foods) & I appreciate this may not get me an entry, but wanted to share anyway...

...Pesto, parmesan, prosciutto and puff pastry pinwheels.

Using the green and red pesto interchangeably on top of the pinwheels (as well as cooked inside) gives it a very Christmassy feel).

1. Pre-rolled puff pastry
    2. Jar of pesto
    3. Pack of prosciutto
    4. Parmesan - grated
    5. 1 egg
    6. rosemary/chives/ a season of your choice!

Roll out the puff pastry, spread out the pesto of your choosing all the way up to the edge, lay down the prosciutto and parmesan grated - I recommend doing one layer of meat, then a heavy dusting of cheese, then another layer of meet.

Roll the pastry from one edge to the other, take a knife and cut the roll into equal 1 inch slices. Lay out the slices on baking tray, and brush the same over with egg mix.

Put in the oven for about 15 minutes - until golden.

You can also make a sweet version with raspberry or strawberry jam and chocolate. Replacing the pesto with the jam and having a heavy dusting of white choco chips!

I will post a photo of my savoury pinweels

• Babs_Admin
    Options

Hi kbpfeiffer

Those work for the contest they look delicious your entry is added.

• Babs_Admin
    Options

Hi Diamondvillage

Yum Yum those looks so good entries are added.

• chuckles276
    Options

Hi babs I’m not sure if baking this year not feeling up to it but this is my daughters and my favourite

• Babs_Admin
    Options

Hi chuckles276

These are my favorite and i have made 1 batch already but they are slowing disappearing so i can see making another batch before xmas lol.

Your entry is added dear.

• REBA29
    Options

I LOVE SHORTBREAD ANYTHING LOL. I MAY MAKE THESE THIS WEEKEND. TY

• Wizard2469
    Options

Babs

One of my favorite cookies to make this time of year is a no bake cookie. It’s so simple and has just 8 ingredients.

1 stick unsalted butter 1/2 cup milk. 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 2 cups light brown sugar. Firmly packed. 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter. 1/2 cup Nutella. 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats 1 tsp salt. 1 tsp vanilla extract

in sauce pan mix the milk, butter, cocoa powder and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes Turn off heat and add remaking ingredients, stir until well mixed. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let them sit for about an hour until they are nice and firm..store in airtight container. they will last up to 2 weeks. If you want you can add chopped nuts to the mix makes about 3 dozen cookies.

when I make these cookies I’m lucky if they last 2 days. They are very rich tasting. My family can’t get enough of them. Enjoy

wizard2469

• Babs_Admin
    Options

Hi Wizard2469

These are one of steves favorites i have seen him polish off a whole container by himself with in a couple days .

I have added your entry into the contest ty for participating.

• Wizard2469
    Options

Thanks Babs.

I love them also

wizard 2469

• supergrl
    Options

no bake oatmeal cookies 1/2 cup butter 2 tb coco 1 ts vanilla and 2cups oatmeal melt liquid and then pour onto oatmeal stir mixture well then drop tb full onto cookie sheet and put in fridge aprox. 40 min and eat.

• Babs_Admin
    Babs_Admin ADMIN
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi supergrl

Yum ty for sharing a deposit in Dec is needed for a raffle entry hun.