chicken ad dumplings from Vbparks23!

Options

Vbparks23!

5:32AM IPv6

This is to Mama Spirit asking forn homemade chicken n dumplings. I cook only with chicken thighs for this....4 to 6 thighs boiled until you can peel the skin and debone chicken..use same water you boiled thighs in as your base less the skin off the top...strain it is better...you can add broth to it but you shouldn't need to. After thighs are removed from pot to debone and liquid has been strained, this is where you can add any other vegees if you prefer. Sometimes I add onion peas and carrots for a full flavor. Bring to a boil and simmer at least 15 minutes if using frozen vegees ( frozen or fresh is best). Fresh carrots take a while longer but you have time while deboning thighs. Add a tablespoon flour to the simmering soup and add debunked thigh meat. Let simmer another 15 or 20 minutes. Dumplings can be home made; however plain BUTTERMILK BISCUITS are the best for dumplings Not Bisquick! Bisquick tends to fall apart. For small dumplings cut biscuits in half and roll each half into a ball. For Brands biscuits cut or pull apart in 4 sections and roll into balls. You can drop as you go into the liquid or set all balls on wax paper until liquid is boiling again. If it was already simmering, that's good enough. Drop balls into liquid and let simmer for a good 10 mins and stir every 2 to 3 minutes...lower heat and enjoy after dumplings are firmer, approx 10 to 13 minutes. This is just my recipe basically for the flavor of the broth itself. Thighs are the juiciest and tenderest but also most flavorful type of meat off the chicken. You can't go wrong with the thighs. Buying boneless skinless is OK but the skin and bone is where the best broth comes from! Good luck and I don't mention salt pepper and spices because everyone has a different spice palate but I pepper more than salt with the thighs you really don't need too many other spices! Have fun and Enjoy!